DCC Covid Newsletter

Welcome to our town and parish council e-newsletter

Latest updates from Dorset Council

Lockdown – what you can and can’t do

You must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives. Here’s a brief summary of the rules:
• stay at home – you must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary (such as to buy food, medical reasons, exercise, go to work if you can’t work from home)
• exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area
• do not meet others – you cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with or are not in a support bubble with
• schools and colleges – will remain open only for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely until February half term. Early Years settings like pre-schools and nurseries remain open
• travel – if you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live. You may leave your local area for a legally permitted reason, such as for work

See official government lockdown guidance for more detail

Council services

• Household Recycling Centres (the tip) – open, but please only go if essential
• Rubbish collections – running as normal
• Car parks and public toilets – open
• Country parks – open with COVID arrangements in place
• Libraries – open for Order and Collect service only
• Registration services – registering births and deaths as normal. Wedding and civil partnership ceremonies not permitted except in exceptional circumstances
• Funerals – restricted to 30 people
• Tourist Information Centres – face to face service closed, phone and email enquiries only
• Harbours – closed to recreational or leisure boating including use of slipways, commercial operators remain unaffected at this time
• Leisure centres – closed
• History centre and archives – closed

More information about how council services are affected

Do you need support?

If you are clinically extremely vulnerable, you are advised to shield again and we will write to you shortly.

If you don’t have family, friends or a support network that can help you get the things you need we can help you.

If you have been told to self-isolate and are on low income or benefits you may be entitled to the Government’s NHS Test and Trace support payment. Apply for a £500 one off self-isolation payment.

Help is available if you are experiencing financial difficulties or are feeling stressed or worried.